This Policy was last updated on January 7, 2020 and is effective as of this date.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two basic types of information: personal information and anonymous information. We collect all personal information and identifiers that is relevant relating to and needed for your job application and employment with us. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, including:
- Personal identifiers you provide when you apply for a job, supply information for your benefits, or in context of your employment with us, such as your first and last name, address, email address, unique personal identifiers, nickname, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, driver license number and expiration date, passport number, and/or other government identification numbers, immigration and work authorization status, signature, family name, including your mother’s maiden name, and online identifiers, username and/or account name;
- Demographic information such age, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), and veteran or military status;
- Financial information such as banking information for direct deposit, debit card number, credit card number, tax selections, pay rate, PayCard information, payroll deduction information, medical information, and health insurance information;
- Professional and employment-related information such as current or past employment history, salary information, employee status and title, job evaluations, employment status, work schedule, job assignments, hours worked, training and development information, performance evaluation information, disciplinary and counseling information, and termination information;
- Biometric information such as facial recognition, fingerprints, retina scans, and hair follicle, urine, and saliva used for drug testing;
- Sensory data such as your audio and visual information when conducting interview through voice and video calls;
- Internet or other similar network connectivity, such as IP address, browsing history, search history, cookies, applications, email use, and interaction with Staffmark’s website;
- Geolocation data that can be used to identify your physical location or movements through the use of our website, by clocking in and out, or location of job assignments;
- Education information such as education history, grades, transcripts, and disciplinary history;
- Health and Safety Information such as health conditions, if relevant to your employment, job restrictions, workplace accident and illness information, and health insurance policy information;
- Inferences drawn from personal preferences you provide to us, such as characteristics, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes for a job or task;
- Information obtained during credit, background, or employment verification checks;
- Beneficiary Information of your beneficiaries and dependents and Emergency Contact Information of person(s) you designate as your emergency contact(s).
Anonymous information means information that does not identify an individual applicant. We may also use anonymous information to create aggregate information. Aggregate information means information about groups or categories of applicants and/or visitors to our website, which does not identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual job applicant, employee, or website visitor.
HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We collect personal information you provide directly to us when you apply for a job, supply information for your benefits, or in context of your employment with us. We also acquire your personal information from other sources including through running background, consumer, and employment eligibility checks.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA
Staffmark collects and processes personal information from you primarily to make employment decisions that involve you and determine your eligibility for employment, fulfill human resource, employment, and benefit administration purposes, where necessary to comply with any local, state, and federal legal obligations and laws, and maintain your online account with us and personalize your preferences. Staffmark may also use the personal information collected to maintain your employee account with us or provide you with employment with another entity.
Staffmark uses anonymous data to maintain, operate, and improve our website, including to analyze website traffic and run analytics, remember your preferences, and optimize your experience by personalizing content. Staffmark may also use anonymous and aggregated information to analyze its business performance, including for pay equity reports.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
Staffmark does not sell or otherwise disclose for monetary consideration your personal information to other parties. Staffmark only discloses your personal information to others to the extent necessary for its human resource functions, to provide you with employment or secure your employment with another entity working with Staffmark, to service providers to administer and provide you with employee benefits, process any benefit and employment claims, and administer checks, tests, and evaluations, and to determine your employment eligibility and verification. Staffmark will disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with any legal obligations and laws. Staffmark may also share your Staffmark employee email to provide you with perks and benefits relating to your employment.
Staffmark may share anonymous data to analyze our website traffic and improve its performance. Staffmark may also share anonymous and/or aggregated data to analyze its performance as a company, including for pay equity reports and for job satisfaction analysis.
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your personal information are extremely important to us. Staffmark has implemented technical and administrative security measures that are designed to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
COOKIES AND ANALYTICAL TOOLS
Most browsers support cookies and allow visitors to disable or block them. You can set your browser so that all cookies will be rejected or that you will receive a message when a cookie is being sent. However, some functions or services on our website may not work properly without cookies. Unless you disable cookies or do not accept our cookies, by using our website and online services, you agree that you accept these types of cookies and related technologies on your device. Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our website is not currently set up to respond to these signals.
Analytic tools, such as Google Analytics, may also be used to help make our website work better and help us understand how you use our website and what parts of our website are being utilized.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
Staffmark never sells your personal information to other parties. Staffmark only discloses your personal information to the extent necessary for its human resource functions, to provide you with employment or secure your employment with another entity working with Staffmark, to service providers to administer and provide you with employee benefits, to process any benefit and employment claims.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Staffmark processes and stores your personal information based on its business needs, to the extent needed to maintain our relationship with you, and to comply with legal obligations.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ RIGHTS
California job applicants and employees have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).